The e-Freight project is aimed at supporting, from a transport perspective, the three pillars of European Policy namely: Strengthening of the internal market and competitiveness; Improving regulation to create a more dynamic business environment; Promoting sustainable development.
Specifically e-Freight will contribute to the goals of the Freight Transport Logistics Action Plan (2007) and ITS Action Plan (2008) pertaining to the development of:
- A standard framework for freight information exchange covering all transport modes and all stakeholders
- A European Single Transport Document for carriage of goods with all the necessary legislative support, irrespective of mode A Single Window System (single access point) for administrative procedures in all modes
- A Single Window System (single access point) for administrative procedures in all modes
- Simple, harmonized border crossing procedures for all modes of transport for all EU member states
- Simple procedures and the necessary infrastructure for establishing secure and efficient transport corridors between Europe, USA, and Asia